Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Menswear Fitting














First Fitting of Menswear

The first two photos are of the pants after they have been pressed, then put on the mannequin.

Fitting went really well and I got some great feedback, which just encourages me more. The next toile (due a week after) will just have some minor changes such as the length of the pants and sleeve, I wouldnt mind making a cuff a little bit thinner so it match the collar more. The back armhole needs to be refined because there is too much bagginess around this area. Most peoples garments had the same problem because we all used the same block.

The next time I sew the collar I shall have to make it neater. I plan to sew it a few time to practise making it perfect. As my teacher said, it is the focus of the garment so needs to look fantastic. Todd also made the comment that it would look good in 3 colours?
This is a possiblilty-it would be hard as any imperfections would be easier to see, but it would create a dynamic, interesting garment to stand out from the rest.

I am really happy with how it is turning out, considering I didn't really have an inspiration, nor like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment